Day 24 – Graphic Communications Day 7
Hope you all enjoyed your Snow Days and stayed warm. We have a lot of time to make up only a few weeks left.
Today we will:
- Review the Depco Activity Questions and make sure all have completed the questions.
- Then continue with the photo activities where we left off.
Those ready to do your shirts:
- You will need to sketch out your shirt design on paper
- Look on Google Images to find ideas and save the images in your personal folder.
- Then you are to use the skills you learned in activities 1-5 to create your shirt.
- Make sure you set up your shirt with the proper size and resolution. Refer to page 35 in the student handbook.
- Must have at least three graphic items on the shirt
- At one location the graphics need to be layered.
- Must have text added
- Must have one effect or filter used
- Must be your own work
- Can not be copyrighted, this means no words going through the image
- Be conscious of the amount of color used backgrounds must stay white.
- Activity Questions Handout (turn in when finished)
- Pencil or pen
- Student Handbook- Graphic Communications (green)
- Depco Studio
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
Activity for the Day:
Log into Depco Studio proceed to Activity 5 Text Effects, watch the short video segments. Listen carefully! Find the answer to the following question completing the last question on the activity question worksheet. Turn in the worksheet to the folder, make sure your name is on it.
- Activity 5 Photoshop Text Effects
- The three factors that determine file size are _____.
Start and complete Activity 5 learning how to work with text in a photo.
Here is a sample of Activity 5 project:
Clear Learning Target (CLT) I can at the completion of this day do the following:
- Edit text within text layers.
- Create and format text using the digital imaging program.
- Manipulate the text using the Warp tool.
- Create unique text using the Effects and Style tools.
At the end of class make sure you have:
- Saved your work as directed in the student handbook.
- Logged out of your Depco Studio Account
- Logged out of your network account
- Put the student handbook and head set back properly
- Push your chair in when you leave