Day 39 Engineering Day 1
Today you will be challenged to see who can design the strongest structure using paper. Understanding solve problems is a skill we use every day today we will discuss the strategies to be successful with the problem solving steps. Will your team be the winner for the day?
Items Needed Today:
- Paper Structure Challenge Worksheet
- Masking Tape
- 3 final sheets of paper and 6 testing sheets of paper
To be finished today:
- Your paper structure designed, built, and tested
- Your Paper Structure handout completed and turned in
What are the Problem Solving Steps?
- Define the Problem
- Gather the Information
- Select a Solution
- Evaluation of the Solution
Clear Learning Target (CLT) I can at the completion of this day do the following:
- I can explain the problem solving steps
- I can explain the paper structure challenge and explain why our team chose the design we tested.
At the end of class make sure you have:
- Return all supplies to the proper location.
- Logged out of your network account
- Put the student handbook and head set back properly
- Push your chair in when you leave