Day 15 Grade 7 We will continue with comparing and contrasting Science and Technology, Inventions and Innovations, and Need and Wants What will I continue to learn today?
- Science is the study of the natural world, while technology is the study man made world, how humans develop new products to meet needs and wants.
- Technological change is seen through inventions and innovations.
- Technology can have positive and negative social, cultural, economical, political, and environmental consequences.
- Engineers, designers, and engineering technologists are needed in high demand for the development of future technology to meet societal needs and wants.
We will be viewing video clips and having class discussion along with sharing This makes you think???? What is Technology? What is Science? What is Engineering? Science VS Technology Materials Needed:
- ”What is Engineering” handout to fill in the correct answers as you watch.
Turn in your handout once you have completed it into the to be graded folder. After completing today’s lesson, I can say I understand and can demonstrate the following:
- Explain the relationship between science, technology, and engineering.
- Distinguish between invention and innovation.
- Describe impacts that technology has had on society.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Grade 8: Returning Robots in Today’s Society worksheet. If you did not turn it in please make sure it is in the to be graded folder today. We will be using Microsoft Word to create this poster. This allows for us to be a bit more creative. I have created videos to take you through the instructions of how to do this poster. I will show you how to use the videos to help you complete this assignment. Enjoy be creative. Videos to provide step by step instruction to create your poster.
- One picture from each of the 12 robotic uses
- A Title
- Sub Titles (text boxes) on each robot picture. Label the Type of Robot Usage
- Creative and easy to understand
- At least three pictures have a board around them but could be more..
- At least two pictures turned a bit but could be more.
- Be able to explain each picture on what the robot is doing and why they are using a robot to do this task to the instructor.
- Name and Period is on the back when you turn it in.
CLT: I am able to insert pictures from a file into my Word document to create a poster. I am able to add Word Art and Text Boxes to provide information needed in the poster. Poster Due: Wednesday turned into the folder and Google Drive Turn In Folder